Tuesday, January 10, 2017

To step back a bit.

I had previously been operating a 432MHz EME station from a rental cottage on Candlewood Lake in Connecticut. While the view was impressive the cottage was....well.... a cottage and a more permanent residence was in order.

With the purchase of the new place I reluctantly disassembled my station and sold off all the equipment to cover moving costs and reduce my workload. 

The benefit of all that is that I can now begin a rebuilding process with the benefit of hindsight
and correct many of the problems and inconveniences that plagued my old setup.

This blog will serve as a record of that process. I hope you enjoy it!!


Just a few photos:

My old 4 x 16 Element K1FO Yagi array...





 Finally got around to applying for the Worked All Continents award for my activities on 432 MHz EME. Africa was a holdout for a long time!














Homebrew Power Divider constructed from plans in the ARRL Handbook...



 A review of operating procedures... Lets get it right this time...


Some old photo's of my Dad, K3IB's (ex K2IBP) EME station in Belle Mead, NJ circa 1980.. 4 x Cushcraft Boomers for 2 Meters and a W6PO style amplifier.


4 x 432 MHz Yagi's of unknown manufacture. These served as the central point of the array to which the 2 Meter boom section attached. 


 Here are some drawings of the design. 


 

These are a few pictures of a unique QSL card my Dad received for working Owen Garriot (W5LFL) on the Columbia orbiter. First launched in April of 1981 this vehicle was later lost with her crew of seven February 1, 2003






No comments:

Post a Comment