Thursday, January 26, 2017

Feeds and Other Parts....Continued..

The feed is all drilled and checked so its time to fill in all the old screw holes and make it look nice again. This is more like body work then anything else but I think it will pay off in the end in how it looks. Buying new aluminum would have saved a lot of work and looked better but I really didn't want to waste the material.
Something to note was the corrosion on the inside of the feed. It cleaned up pretty easily but I think it deserves some clear
coat in the future to prevent it from growing again.

 A little sanding cleaned up all the extra epoxy.
 I put a few coats of primer and enamel from a rattle can. I found that spray cans just don't do well with large surfaces so I borrowed a technique I used on my Cessna landing gear. A foam paint roller and rustoleum enamel will leave a nice finish if you take your time. Here is is baked in front of the wood stove for a few hours to speed things up.
 The finished product.



Rough tuned using my Down East Microwave signal source. I will fine tune this later with a directional coupler and power meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment